Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 21, 2009

NO ROOM INN YOUR DAY?

There are four shopping days left ‘til Christmas! I dash around town trying to complete family tasks in preparation for Christmas but can fly right past the manger that awaits the baby Jesus. I could be trite and remind us all that Jesus is the reason for the season. But, there was no room in the Inn for Jesus and his parents over two-thousand years ago and my own yawn at the overused phrase is testimony to the fact I may have left no room for the Christ Child inn my own heart today. Parties and friends, cookie baking and green bean casseroles are all wonderful at Christmas time but if my hurry has taken my focus from the miracle of his birth, I have missed the whole point. Send out the song this very day that Almighty God slept in the hay of a lowly manger in Bethlehem. In all his might and majesty, he came to earth in the form of a helpless human baby for the express purpose of saving me from myself. And, all the angels sang “Alleluia,” the Christ has come! Let us pray:

“Almighty God and father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we sing praises to your glorious name. Alleluia, the long awaited Christ has come! Forgive us for wrapping our minds around the earth expression of Christmas rather than the awesome miracle of the Incarnate Christ. We pray that on this day and the days to come, that we can smell hay in the air, hear angels in song, and feel your love and grace in our hearts. In the name of Jesus Christ our Savior we pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment