Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE DEER

Great! I woke up about 12:30 a.m. last night and couldn’t go back to sleep. Well that’s a fine how-do-you-do. I have to have my sleep.

Rather than stew too much, I decided to get up and write a little, have some cocoa, and go back to bed. As I came down the steps, the thought that came to my mind was, I want to see the deer. What deer?

The night was very bright with the moonlight shining off the snow and I could see everything out in the front yard really well. Just as I got to the windows in the front door, seven deer ran through our yard between our house and the neighbor’s. They were large and graceful and beautiful. If I hadn’t awakened and unable to go back to sleep, I would have missed the blessing of the deer. Let us all remember to turn our negative experiences into blessings by looking for what God has for us to enjoy while we’re down there. Let us pray:

“Father God, Holy One of Always, your name is precious to my ears. It is my prayer that I may live within the bosom of your heart, where I’ll find beauty and love. Give me eyes to see the deer, and ears to hear the songs you hum every day. Even the stars give music as they pass through the sky - the music of the spheres. Forgive my dissatisfaction with the minor inconveniences of life. They are often merely little whistles from heaven, your attempts at getting my attention so I don’t miss the masterpieces of beauty you have on displayed for me. I pray that I too may be able to point out the flowers among the weeds for others, that no one may miss the beauty of life. In the name of your precious son Jesus, I pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

Order Prayer Therapy Primer, by Doris Gaines Rapp, at www.bn.com. An eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment