Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, May 21, 2012

LIGHT THAT FOLLOWEST ALL MY WAY

Scripture: Psalm 13:5

O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.*

"I can’t do all this by myself! Why does God demand more than I can do?"

We are not here to walk this road alone. God has given us all many and varied tasks to do on His behalf. And, He has given us His entire community of Christians to help us and we help one another. Why do we think we can or should do it on our own?

I receive prayer requests nearly every day, some days there are multiple needs. These prayers are not for me to hold close to my own heart and pray in secret, but are to be to be prayed over and passed on to a vast network of believers who also pray and send the prayer request down the heart-line to other praying believers. These prayers are not our own. They are entrusted to us, just as the Light is lent to us for His use.

The light we bring to a dark world is a borrowed flame. It comes from God, for us to use to bring light to others, not ourselves, and goes back to God where its blaze is as bright as the sun! And, there, the light that we bring back to God is restored and burns even brighter than before. Wow! And, we had the arrogance to believe that it was our light all the time!

Come, tip your candle to the Lord God, where He can renew your light and your strength. We never were the light. We are only the tapers. Depend on Him to be the flame. The only thing we have to offer is to be a candle bearer - not the Light. Let us pray:

"Father of Light and Love, we bow before your flame. Your light can never go out because it is the source of all brilliance. May your flame be lit in me that it may be bright enough for others to see and come to know you as their Lord. I ask only to be your servant, the vessel of your flame. I give the light back to you daily, to be trimmed and relit with the oil of your love and energy. Forgive me when I get confused and begin to believe that I am the light, not the torch bearer. May I always be willing to bring your flame back to you so that your light may burn brighter, longer, stronger for others to find their way home. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

*Oh Love That Will Not Let Me Go
George Mattheson 1882 Public Domain

Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment