Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 13, 2012

A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5 ESV

"What happened?" I gasped as the elevator jerked to a stop and darkness took over.

"I guess the electricity went out," another voice whispered in the suspended blackness between floors.

Isn’t it funny how the dark prompts a whisper? Darkness had completely overcome the physical light in the small space of the elevator car and the response was a solemn reverence for He who dwelled in the dark with us. No matter how my eyes tried to adjust to nothingness, not one tiny beam of light was visible. Even my balance seemed confused. Was I moving up or down or did we remain still?

I prayed for the lights to come back on but I also knew I should have no fear. God was in the void with me. I relaxed and embraced the light that shown even brighter in my heart where the darkness could not overcome me.

I know many of you are going through a difficult time and fear will win if you let the darkness overcome the light. God is with you—Hallelujah! No matter the pain or loss or disappointment, the light of God can shine in your darkness and bring you peace. Let us pray:

"Father of Light and Love, we humbly bow before you. We are not worthy of your presence but our worth is irrelevant. You love unconditionally. Sins against you are sins indeed. We may all sin differently, but we all make choices that are not in keeping with your will. Forgive us Father God and let the spark you give us light the path of another. When we are in darkness, may you shine within us like the stars in Heaven. We will find our way home to you and leave sparkles of your Love along the path to light the way of others. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son and our Lord of Light and Love, we pray. Amen"
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment