Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, May 20, 2013

LIVING IN THE SWEET SPOT

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37 (New Living Translation © 2007)

"Are you running with me Lord?" This was a favorite question many years ago. Living in the Sweet Spot means that we have discovered how to say, "Am I running with you God?"

How many times have I come up with "wonderful ideas" and plans, then asked God to honor or bless them? God’s plans may seem mysterious and hidden from our sight. Friends, our daily lives are part of his plan, when we rise up and when we lay down. We too often are looking for that ministry for God that will be recognized by others, that will bring us recognition and validation. Which do you want, man’s validation or God’s?

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Matthew 6: 31-33 (NIV © 2011)

If heaven opened up and God said, "Go to that other house and say, ‘God loves you,’ but tell no one else of your mission," would you believe you were doing God’s will? If you had received such direction, as small as it may seem to you, it would not only be heaven that opened up, but your heart as well. Living in the Sweet Spot is obeying God’s call, even if no one else knows of the calling. Then . . . you are living in the Kingdom of God and nothing is impossible to God (not you) GOD! Let us pray:

"Heavenly Father, you whisper in my ear and in my heart. Holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus. Speak to me in the stillness of my soul. Then, give me the heart of a servant that I may have the strength and courage to follow your will for my life. Forgive me when I seek the things of this world that even those who know-you-not already have and need. I seek your presence in my life, so that I may live in your kingdom and experience all your blessings and mighty works, for I know nothing is impossible with you. The Sweet Spot is in your arms, Father God, and that is where I will find my home. In the name of Jesus, your son and my savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

If you are in the Houston, Texas area on Wednesday, June 5 at 7 pm, I will be signing, Escape from the Belfry - a young adult novel full of adventure at Barnes and Noble on Westheimer.

It is also available at www.archwaypublishing.com , www.amazon.com , www.bn.com , and through your local bookstore - just ask them to order it.

You can order, Escape from the Belfry, from Archway Publishing at (888) 242-5904. ENJOY!
For children and teens, go to: www.inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment