Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 25, 2013

In All Things Be Thankful

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

"But it’s not big enough, flashy enough, or located in the perfect spot." It seems to me, we are not thankful in all things, because our appreciation changes with our socks.

I know that the economy is not where we would like it to be. But, try comparing our financial lot with the simple living of the Pilgrims, the hardships of the pioneers, or the devastating diseases of the early settlers. How arrogant are we? Are we owed riches and a mansion on the hilltop?

If we want a life of happiness and joy, then we must life as if we were filled with joy and Thanksgiving. If nothing is enough for us, then nothing will ever be enough for us. Happiness is an attitude of the heart, not a measure of what we have.

Give thanks to the Lord God for his son and know that we live in him when we choose to rest our "enough" in his hands. Sometimes we pray, "Thank you for all you have done for me Lord . . . but what have you done for me today?" Or, "I know you died for my sins Jesus . . . but what miracle will you perform for me today?"

Praise the Lord in ALL things, for it is His will for our lives. There is nothing more joyous than living within the will of God. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, love divine, I yield my desires to the will you have for me. I thank you for all you have given me for it is enough for today. You have stood with me when I have cried out to you and you wrapped me in your peace. Praise the Lord for your love. Because I want to place an order for the little miracles I dream up, I do not recognize all your many blessings that come my way, for they are in your will not mine. I could never imagine all the plans you have for me. I thank you Lord with outstretched arms, eager to embrace your love. In the name of, and by the power of, Jesus Christ, your Son, I pray. Amen"

Doris

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

Check out www.dorisgainesrapp.com And https://www.facebook.com/pages/Doris-Gaines-Rapp/127290457340650

No comments:

Post a Comment