Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 9, 2013

Who is Seen in You?

"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 (NIV)

 
With each new Christmas season, the Lord Jesus is revealed in the hearts of mankind as the Savior - Emmanuel. As each heart beats with the carols of the season, the name and presence of Jesus, the Son of God, expands in the awareness of everyone. That is what we call the Christmas spirit.

Yesterday in church, we sang Bob McGee’s beautiful chorus, Emmanuel. It was this line that resonated on my heartstrings: "God with us, revealed in us. His name is called Emmanuel"

I thought, "Yes, God reveals Himself within our souls." Then, I also remembered something John Knecht, former President of United Theological Seminary, once said, "You are the best Christian someone knows." The Christ-child is also revealed through us.

Whom do we reveal as we walk through this world at the Holiest time of the year? The materialist one, bent on finding the best, most expensive, most unique presents for our family? Or, the follower of the Christ child, showing the face and heart of Him wherever we go?

Which would make the best Christmas present - the last Happy Slappy that remained on the store shelf . . . or . . . an introduction to the one who will bring the peace of God and the Way to Eternal Life? Who is revealed as we interact with the world? Let us pray:

"Holy Father of our Lord, I bow before your holy name. May this be the Christmas that the Christ-child comes alive to those I meet. Use me, in spite of myself, to reveal Emmanuel, His peace and His saving grace, to all those I meet. Forgive me for the times I could have been a reflection of your love to the world around me, but chose to let others see my anger or indifference. Emmanuel means God with us, and the name of the Love at the center of this season is Emmanuel. Let me bring the love, his presence and his peace to all those I meet. In the name of Jesus, the Christ-child, I pray. Amen"
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

To order Escape from the Belfry for Christmas, go to www.archwaypublishing.com bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment