Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 28, 2014

Filled Up and Overflowing

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 13: 15

The greatest form of "tired" is from using up all your energy worshiping and working for the Lord. We just got back last evening from a Christian gathering of six-thousand women . . . plus my husband Bill and a handful of other men. We were tired but uplifted, used-up but filled-up, drained-empty by hope-filled. One of the speakers, Georgette Miller, said her tombstone should read, "All used-up." She intended to live every moment, helping others in the name of the Lord, until there was nothing more.

How many of us trust the Lord and give our will over to Him so that we do only His work and have no needs of our own but His. That is NOT sacrificial living. That is abundant living! Within the heart and arms of God, there is plenty; there are riches of a kind we never knew existed! And, it is all ours when we are living for Him. We live in hope and hope for nothing, because the power of the Holy Spirit is within us, guiding us and filling us with joy and peace. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, creator of all, you are my all-in-all. I drink from your well and praise you that I will never be thirsty again. Your name is Holy and powerful; the mention of your name brings spirit-health and soul-healing and the release of love and hope that heals the body. For this day, I ask that you accept my will, wrapped up as a gift for you. Your will for me is so much more exciting, full and life-filling than anything I can imagine. I thank you and praise your name for the privilege of living for you. Forgive me for the times I offered my life, then took control again. Let this be the day when I let go . . . and live for you. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son and my savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

My new novel, Smoke from Distant Fires, is now available at www.cokesbury.com, www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com or you can prepay and order it from your bookstore.

Length of Days - The Age of Silence is now available at www.cokesbury.com too - as well as the other online bookstores and at your local bookstore when you prepay your order.

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

Facebook: Doris Gaines Rapp - Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment