Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 9, 2014

Scattered but Gathered Up

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

I am so excited, so overwhelmed and so scattered, all at the same time. Excited because I have been able to contract with an artist for the cover of my next book, Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow. Excited because we leave on a wonderful vacation on Saturday - sailing with six-hundred other readers of The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans, along with the author and his wife. Excited because I will be signing my newest book, Smoke from Distant Fires, at Barnes and Noble in Sarasota, June 21, the day after we return to the port of Miami. Excited because our daughter Donna and her husband Mark will arrive from Texas as soon as we return home.

I’m overwhelmed because I still need to clean this house, wash the clothes, pack and gather the details of our cruise - all within the next few days. Scattered because I’m focused on two other new books right now as well. Scattered like a juggler with thirty-five balls in the air!

Amidst all the silliness of life, we will also attend the funeral of a dear brother-in-law on Thursday. Loss of a loved one, no matter how expected, is always hard.

I know I’m too busy when I seek the Lord AFTER I become buried in detail. I have lived long enough to know how I react when deluged with a tsunami of knit-picky details. It is never too late to call upon the Lord but also remember the words from Isaiah. Perfect peace comes to those whose mind is steadfast. I know steadfastness is an old fashioned concept. But, it is a truth that never dies in the junk of pop-culture. Rise each morning with an awareness of the presence of the Lord and retire each night knowing he will continue to bless you all the night long. Stay steadfast in your trust and focus on the Lord. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, you are pure peace and love, your presence of life is all around me. Forgive me when I focus on the trivial things of life. Your children are experiencing loss and I am focused on dirty socks. Gather me up in your loving arms and fill my whole being with your peace, oh God, so that where I go, your peace can be shared with those around me. I choose this day to be steadfastly stayed on you. Stayed with my heart and stayed or supported by your love. I will walk within your peace each day. In the name of Jesus, your son, my savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

I will be signing Smoke from Distant Fires at Barnes and Noble, Sarasota, FL, Saturday, June 21 from 1-3 pm

Smoke from Distant Fires and Length of Days - The Age of Silence are available at www.cokesbury.com, www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com or order from a bookstore

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

Facebook: Doris Gaines Rapp - Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment