Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 3, 2014

Calm or Chaos?

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27 (NIV)

“Now, where did I put my coffee cup?” my husband, Bill asked as he maneuvered through the stacks of furniture piled in the middle of the living room and family room. He is painting the walls in preparation for new flooring to be installed.

Here I am, in my Lazy Boy, in the middle of all the pulled-up carpet and chaos, with my laptop in place, typing out twitter posts, an important email and sending out a message of peace to you all. As long as I focus on the computer screen and not my surroundings, I am clutter-minded free.

November is Native American Month and I think of Hiawassee (Rachel Meadows) and all she went through. She walked from North Carolina into Indiana with her settler husband in the early 1800’s but was shunned by his family, his community and his church. She was never bitter. She chose Christian love and forgiveness, and the Cherokee tradition of balance, over the hatred of those around her.

We too can choose Christ and his peace when we face chaos. Dwell upon these things: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Let us pray:

“Father of peace and love, you allowed “forgiveness” to come into the world when you sent your son, Jesus, to live among us. Holy is your name and greatly to be praised. May your kingdom of peace come to my life today, just as it is in the realms of Heaven. Today, allow me to see those aspects of my life that add to the chaos around me and spill over into the space of others. Forgive me when I have fanned the flames of discord by not seeking your face and when I am intolerant of others who lack harmony. I love you Lord, and I lift my hands to you. May this be the day when I can bring a peace to another, by touching their life with your words and love. Do not let me know when that happens so I cannot brag. Only you are worthy of praise, Father. I pray in the name of, and by the power of your son, Jesus, the Christ. Amen”

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

I will be signing books and meeting readers at the Allen County Public Library Local Author Fair, downtown Fort Wayne, next Saturday, November 8, 2014 from noon until 3 pm. I hope to see you there. It is Native American Month and a good time to read, Smoke from Distant Fires and Hiawassee – Child of the Meadow.

It is also Alzheimer’s Disease and Caregivers Month. I will post an encouragement to caregivers, Al’s Talking, tomorrow on www.dorisgainesrapp.blogspot.com

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow! Read Length of Days – The Age of Silence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment