Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, March 28, 2011

BELIEVE IN THE SELF GOD BELIEVES IN

Haven’t you heard Christians say, “Self esteem is a bad thing? You shouldn’t puff yourself up.”
Is it a greater sin to “puff yourself up” or tear yourself down?

I know that God has a perfect image of the me he created. I may be too tall or too short or have a blemish in the world’s eyes, but God sees me with my father’s eyes. Why shouldn’t I?

Do you have dreams and hopes that seem out of reach? “Other” people do wonderful things, go to exciting places, and invest in their well-formed plans–because their hopes and dreams have more value than yours! Is that what you believe? Then you will be forever looking through the window pane of life but never fly away in the colorful balloon.

If you are to love your neighbor as yourself, I pity some neighbors! Those who show no compassion, love, or acceptance to their neighbor, hate themselves even more. We are not to hold ourselves in higher esteem than others, but in equal regard. God believes in each one of us. He is the life that dwells within. We can do no less than to believe in the self God believes in. Let us pray:

“Father God, creator and lover of my soul, I worship you. Holy is your name and the sound of it is music to me. I know your kingdom will come at your calling and I ask that I may pitch my tent at your door so that I might not miss its dawning. I ask that this be the day when all your children wake up to an awareness of the beauty that dwells within them. Your light shines through each one of us who call upon your name. May we see that light as good and ourselves as earthly vessels for that light. Forgive us when we have shamed and rejected the self we are. We are the self you created. Turn us away from self-rebuke and teach us to walk in the light and love that glows from within and without and floods the path on which we walk. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment