Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, May 2, 2011

THE NOTHIN' MAN

“Nothin’ in my life ever goes my way!” he moaned. I wondered what he could possibly want that he doesn’t already have, that he thinks he needs. It seems the minute we get what we thought we wanted, we either devalue it and want it no more, or we simply raise the bar and want another step higher. To what? Then I thought of that other, sweet fellow, the Muffin Man, and this contrast came to me.

“Oh do you know the nothin’ man, the nothin’ man, the nothin’ man?
Oh do you know the nothin’ man? He lives down Misery Lane.”

In 2 Corinthians 8: 13-15 we are blessed with: “Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: ‘He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little.’” (In reference to manna gathered in the wilderness.)

Our ministry in life is not to acquire more and more, with an insatiable appetite, never being full. We are to share what we have when we have plenty and allow others in our lives to be generous when we have little, for we never have too little and we never have too much. Let us pray:

“Oh Father, my God, glorious is your name! May your kingdom come in my heart, that I may experience Heaven in my life this very day. I ask that I may see your blessings all around me, like the Mallard duck pair in our back yard yesterday. Why do I miss the gold, while searching for tin? Can it be that I don’t recognize the precious prize when I see it? Let me see truth today, Father! I can search the whole world over and never find the sweetness in my own home. In your heart, we are all equal, from the Bishop to the lady who cleans the bathrooms. Forgive me when I don’t see that or bury that truth in my heart. Let me believe it, Father, so that I may take up the ministry you have for me and press on through life to the glory of glories in Heaven. In the name of Jesus, who left the streets of gold and the privilege of being in your presence, to live with even me, I pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment