Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 18, 2012

FATHER'S DAY PLUS ONE

. . . "an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph Son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1: 20-21 (NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®)

 

Yesterday was the day to celebrate fathers but rather than honor them, some people stayed away from church, avoided family cookouts, and others found their own secret way to protest the presence or absence of their own father. I understand that some people had such an abusive father they cannot comprehend the love and grace of God, the Father. However, today, the day after Fathers Day, I hope you will begin to embrace the concept of "father" so that you can forgive the man who offended you and embrace the God who calls you unto Himself.

I am not a theologian. I am a psychologist and author. I only hope to present you with the possibility of once again loving your father, if not your earthly father, then certainly your Heavenly father—through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In the Old Testament, God revealed Himself as the One True God Almighty, God the Creator, God the Law Giver and the Organizer of His People. The New Testament identifies God as Abba (Daddy)—the Lover of your soul, God the grace giver, God the Redeemer. If you did not have a daddy in your life, then perhaps you can begin to embrace God-the-Creator and Law-Giver from the Old Testament. If you cannot embrace love, turn to God the ever-present Guide through your life.

As you go through the Old Testament and learn about what God has done for those who love Him and walk in His ways, practice that faithful walk through the pages of Creation and Promise. Then, when you are ready, begin the New, unfolding of the Promise and come face to face with the Glory of Love the Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and embrace the God of Abba, Daddy, the Origin of your soul. Receive His grace and promise. Let us pray:

"Dear Lord and father of our Savior Jesus Christ, I bow before your full majesty. You are all I need, for you are the One revealed in the Old Covenant in which you gave your laws for a life of Holiness, and you are the God of the New Covenant, in which I am reconciled back to You. Holy is your Name and the name of your Son, Jesus. May I overcome my old disappointment with one of your flawed children, for we are all imperfect, and embrace you as my daddy. Forgive me for blaming you for what mere humans have done. Let my eyes be open to your Majesty and Holiness, and, where it is your will, let me pass that spark on to those around me. In the name of Jesus, your son and my redeemer, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment