Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 4, 2012

LAY DOWN GLORY

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation." Psalm 13:5 (ESV 2001)

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.* (Mattheson)

Do we ever try to run away from the Cross that gives us new life? We try to flee whenever we remain silent, when we should defend Christ with our own testimony. Think about it. Where could we run to outrace God? If we were to grow wings and strap a rocket on our back, we could never be shot farther into space than the reach of God’s love and grace.

Now is the hour. My Friends, we can lay in the dust of life the glory that we had sought. Not the glory of fame or wealth, that is obvious. But, also the power that comes from our status as boss; the influence attached to our birth order—big brother; or our position of leadership in our church and community. We can name many other situations in which we try to control others. I know I can.

We are to give up whatever it is that has puffed us up and made us feel powerful and therefore not in need of God’s help and strength. Lay it all down in the dirt and in that place around our feet, God will grow new flowers, bright red blossoms that will say to us that Life is Eternal for those who trust in Him! Let us pray:

"Holy Father, power and creator of life, for you are Life, I humbly bow my head to you. I finally acknowledge what I have always known—I cannot live Life on my own. You are my strength and my guide through this life of Yours. May your Kingdom spring forth within me so that I am in You while Your Word is in me. Today, Father, I lay down my life and pick up the blossoms of the life of Love you have for me. Forgive me when I try to walk the Way of Christ alone, drawing on my own strength which is never enough. I give up and give my life to you Father that from the dust and dirt of my life, you may bring forth blooms more beautiful than I can imagine. I choose those flowers of Life and when I am weak, I ask for the power and strength of your Son Jesus Christ to bear me up and carry me along. In His precious name I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

*Oh Love That Will Not Let Me Go
George Mattheson 1882 Public Domain

Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment