Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 11, 2013

MY PRAYER CHAIR

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5: 14-15 (NIV©1984)

We know for sure that God hears our prayers. He is not a genie in a jug and we cannot wish upon his name like the first star of the evening. We can ask for the blessings that are within his will for us and his church.

Children and teens are just learning how to pray and that God is always there to hear us when we speak to him. I have started a Facebook page to provide a site where kids can go to find help in their praying. It is My Prayer Chair and the link is https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 . You can copy and paste it to your address line or go to your Facebook page and type in My Prayer Chair. There are two fb pages with the same title. Look for the chair from Tom Lincoln’s cabin as the profile picture. I will still be posting these Prayer Therapy Prayers to my email list each Monday and then post them to www.prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com.

We are all concerned about our children. Perhaps you will want your child or teen to log onto the fb page while you are present, or check the posts and responses from your own computer. If you feel comfortable with the page, then encourage the children and teens in your life to log onto the page and allow me to pray with them. Or, you can post a request on your child’s behalf on the fb page or at http://inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com http://www.yprayerchair.blogspot.comand I will post a prayer and you can share it with your child. God loves them and he wants them to know that. Let us pray:

"Father God, your son held the little children on his knee because he wanted to show that the Kingdom of God is for children too. May our own children know of his love for them. For this day, let me see beyond my own needs and recognize the hurt and pain of my children. Speak to my heart and let me know what I am to tell my children about communicating with you. Forgive me when I am self-absorbed, for I love my children and I know you love them even more. In the name of Jesus, your son and the friend and savior of small children, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment