Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, October 27, 2013

CLAIM TO FAME

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

"I enjoyed your book so much; tomorrow I’m going to start reading it all over again!" I’ll admit, I feel good when others appreciate my hard work. But, sometimes I forget to give the praise back to God. It is He who inspires the painter, who gives words to the writer and voice to the composer. 

It is amazing how God lets us confirm again our beliefs and commitments by giving us many opportunities to give it all back to Him. Perhaps one day, we will be more truly like Him when we admit everything was all His in the first place.

I have a well-used phrase I share with counseling patients when they repeatedly take responsibility for other people’s rudeness. "It isn’t about you; it’s about them."

I want to learn to lift up each day in praise: "It’s not about me. It’s about Him." Because, whatever abilities I may have, they were given to me to praise and glorify the Lord God. To God be the glory! Let us pray:

"Father God, you are full of glory and only you wear glory well. All the angels in Heaven bow before your holiness. Let this be the day when I finally realize that my life is ‘all about you and not about me.’ Forgive me when I get puffed up and forget whose I am. I love you Lord, and I lift up your name in worship. May I decrease each day as you increase. In the name of your precious son and my Savior I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp
Go to www.dorisgainesrapp.com for book signing events.

No comments:

Post a Comment