Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, October 21, 2013

WHAT IS YOUR SONG?

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them." Matthew 7: 15-20 (NIV)

I’ve been researching for another book the last few days. What has stuck in my head is Longfellow’s The Song of Hiawatha. I learned short passages of the poem as a child. These are the few fragments I had remembered and have been floating through my mind for two days:

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis. . . .
. . . Touch God's right hand in that darkness
And are lifted up and strengthened;--
Listen to this simple story,
To this Song of Hiawatha! Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 1855

Our Lord, in Matthew 7, said we will know the people at God’s heart by their fruits. Then I read Longfellow yesterday and thought again. In order to be known as God’s people by our fruits, we must know what song we will sing. And . . . we write the lyrics with the words we say, the melodies by the deeds we do, and reveal our the passion by the love we share with others. Let us make sure that the song that is sung about us, is one that lifts the soul of the listener to God. Let us pray:

"Father God, the angels sing of your Holy message whenever they speak to us. ‘Be not afraid,’ they say. ‘I bring you glad tidings of great joy.’ Dear Lord, make of me a melody so in tune with you, others hear only your song when I speak. Forgive me when I have been rude and discordant. Fine tune my life that I may play only the good notes for you. In the name of Jesus, the great conductor I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp
Go to www.dorisgainesrapp.com for book signing events.
Promote Yourself - a pep talk on self-promotion. To download the eBook go to www.bn.com and www.amazon.com.
Also, join the conversation at www.promoteyourself-permitsuccess.blogspot.comIt will be available in paperback soon at www.dorisgainesrapp.com and www.directbuybooks.com./kjv/psalms/118.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment