Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, July 7, 2014

BUT, FOR TODAY . . .

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:9-12 (NIV)

"Oh . . . you know . . . I’m getting older . . . I don’t do much anymore." How many times have you heard this whining statement, or one just like it?"

God intended for you to live every day of your life. I could say, "I’m not twenty-five. Maybe I shouldn’t write all the books I publish. After all, I may only live another twenty-five or thirty years."

None of us know how many days we will live. But, for today — I pray that you will live every second of this day, in deepest prayer, so that you may be filled with the knowledge of God. Even when we are very old, and cannot go where we would like to go without the help of others, we can use our days in prayer that the blessings of God may fall upon us and others.

My friend, you are not done, no matter how old you are. You may be a new graduate who can’t find work — you will. God will bless you. It may not be according to your own dictates, but just think of the adventure you will have, when it is God’s will in which you are living!

For this day . . . live every minute of it! Let us pray:

"Father God, lover of my soul, creator of all there is, I bow before your holy name. I pray that this may be the first day of my life lived for you. Use me in any way that will complete your plan, for me and for others. Forgive me when I have been headstrong and have tried to create a better mission for me to follow than you could design for me. How foolish I was. I give my life over to you that I may live each day fully, filled with your knowledge and joy, that I may ‘share in the inheritance of [your] holy people in the kingdom of light.’ In the name of, and by the power of, your precious son and my redeemer, Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Smoke from Distant Fires and Length of Days - The Age of Silence are available at www.cokesbury.com, www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com or order from a bookstore

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

Facebook: Doris Gaines Rapp - Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment