Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, July 28, 2014

When All Else Fails . . .

"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6: 32-34 (NIV)

We’ve all heard, "When all else fails, read the directions." Biblically, we know, "Seek first the kingdom of God."

Believe me, this day has troubles of its own. I/we are trying to upload the eBook for Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow. It keeps being rejected for things like "embedded fonts." Does anyone out there know how to embed or un-embed a font? My friend, the computer guru, knows how. To clarify, she is learning how to convert to ePub so she can help me upload the manuscript. Another point of clarification, there is no real "we" in this final process. I wrote it and she is converting it.

The part I need to continue to learn is to trust in God to handle the "grief" of technical detail. It takes time and it takes skills I do not possess. God will carry the tension of the job if I will just let go of it. Before all else fails, turn to God to gradually let the process unfold. Seek Him and everything will, eventually, fall into place. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, your name is precious above all names. The mention of your name heals the sick and give patience to the foolish who put too many details into one day. Let me put away patterns of behavior that cause me to run ahead of you. Everything has a time, when that time is your time. Forgive me for when I have forgotten that. I love you Lord and I want to live within your plan, for your plan brought us your son Jesus. What more evidence of your love would anyone need, than the day you brought love and hope and forgiveness and song and grace into the world. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

I will be signing Smoke from Distant Fires and Hiawssee - Child of the Meadow at the Pow Wow in Tipton, Indiana on Saturday, August 30, 2014.

Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow will be available the first part of August.

Length of Days - Beyond the Valley, the second in the Length of Days series, will be out late in the fall, 2014. It will be available in paperback and eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment