Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Not About Me

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven." Matthew 10:32 (NIV)

"But what if people don’t like my new book on Prayer Therapy? I’ll tell them that the book is finished, if I can make sure they wouldn’t criticize me."

I couldn’t believe I heard myself say those words. Of course some Christian people will criticize Prayer Therapy of Jesus. There are those who think their understanding and experience of God is the only one there is, at least the only "correct" one. I have been posting to this blog for several years. Have I not encouraged those who are afraid to speak out for fear the "good people" around them will defame the body of Christ? How silly is that? It’s not about me. It’s about Him.

God gives each of us a story to tell, a love story of grace and redemption. Along the way, He gave me an understanding of prayer that is not new to me. Jesus Christ taught the disciples, and us, to pray using the Lord’s Prayer. Parker and St. John did a study of the efficacy of prayer, using the Lord’s Prayer, in their book, Prayer Can Change Your Life. About fifteen years ago, I expanded on their concepts and developed my version of Prayer Therapy. I published a book which I have now expanded and re-titled, Prayer Therapy of Jesus.

When we bear testimony to the work of God in our lives, we are not saying, He blessed me just like He touched someone else. We are saying, "This is my testimony. I hope my words will resonate in your heart."

I will speak out and say, the words in Prayer Therapy of Jesus, are the words He gave to me and I give them to you. If you need to be released from negative emotions that bind you in heart and mind and soul, perhaps you too will be set free through the Prayer Therapy of Jesus. In my case, today I will pray for release from FEAR, fear of criticism. You can insert a different negative emotion and pray prescriptively, three times a day, for release from the illness-producing effects. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, your name is above all names. To utter your name in Hebrew, Yahweh, is to make the sound of the very air we breathe [Yaa ...way]. Holy, Holy, Holy is your name. May today be the day when your kingdom comes to dwell within me, as the angels in Heaven exist in your presence. For this day, Father, I ask that you release me from FEAR that can hush my tongue at times. I choose this day, to speak out for you and allow others to speak in their voice. Any criticism I may receive, I ask that you place on your shoulders, for I am too weak to carry it. Forgive me for being impatient, or even hurt, by other people’s Fear, that may be displayed in anger or illness. They are like me and I like them, but neither of us need to remain captive. May I touch someone today who is in FEAR and help free them too from the FEAR that keeps them in chains. Please, do not let me know who, when or under what circumstances it happens, so that I may not boast. To you belongs all glory, Father. In the name of your precious son, my redeemer, Jesus I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Prayer Therapy of Jesus will be available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com by the end of the week. It will be on Cokesbury.com soon after.

Waiting for Jesus in a Can’t Wait World - Advent 2014, is now available at www.amazon.com, http://www.cokesbury.com, www.cokesbury.com, www.barnesandnoble.com and others. This Advent devotional uses the Prayer Therapy of Jesus in prayer formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment