Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 29, 2014

Put Away the Cares of the Day

“The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”  Romans 13:12

“But, you don’t understand!” a young man shouted at me. “When I was child . . . “

You fill in the blank, because we have all sheltered darkness, like a familiar black house-cat, within our soul. The hate, the disappointment, the pain that we experienced as a child, became so familiar, so part of who we are, that we don’t want to let it go. We would feel empty, and grief is better than emptiness.

Okay, I understand that. We know that people develop defense mechanisms to deal with difficult situations or even get us through long periods of our lives. We cannot lay down the only defenses we have, for if we do, we would be defenseless in a world we believe is not safe. We chase ourselves around in the cage we alone have built. In order to be free of all the negative systems we have created to protect us, we have only to put a different mechanism in its place.

We are nearing the end of the season in which we celebrate the birth of Love, Forgiveness and Light. My dear friend, 2014 is nearly over and a new day will dawn on Friday. Let 2015 be the year you put away darkness and put on the armor of Light. Choose Love today.

“Okay, my friends, behind the door on the left are darkness and pain! Behind the door on the right are Love and Light! It is not a surprise. You know what lies beyond the portal. You have to wager everything: your health, peace and joy, your success and every good thing in your life if you choose darkness again. I know the left door is more familiar than the door to Love, but if you ask Jesus to walk with you, the joy of discovery will be yours!

For the New Year ahead of us, and for those days that remain, my Sweet Joy, please choose Love. Your poor choice of darkness will not change my life, but your healthy choice of Light will change yours beyond anything you can ever imagine. Join those who walk the well-lit path of Light and Love from this very day forward. The choice is yours. Let us pray:

“Holy Father of Light, I bow before your Heavenly rays. For those who choose Light and Love, we will walk the golden streets of your glorious home even now. I ask, Dear God, that my choices each day keep me on the path I choose to walk with your son. May I say something, or do something that I am not even aware of, that will lead another to the portal of Love. I don’t want to know who it is or under what circumstances it happens; I want only to be your humble servant. Forgive me when I fail to speak your truth to darkness, for I know I have deepened the shadows when that happens. Let me sow Love, so that you can harvest Light, oh Lord. In the name of your son, Jesus, whose birth we have celebrated and continue to sing, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Books by Doris Gaines Rapp
Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online)
Collection:
Christmas Feather, one of eight short stories in a wonderful collection titled, Christmases Past
Novels:
Length of Days – The Age of Silence
Escape from the Belfry
Smoke from Distant Fires
Hiawassee – Child of the Meadow
Length of Days – Beyond the Valley of the Keepers (January 2015)
News at Eleven – A Novel (April 2015)

Children’s:
Lincoln’s Christmas Mouse

Non-Fiction:
Waiting for Jesus in a Can’t Wait World – Advent 2014
Prayer Therapy of Jesus
Promote Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment