Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 5, 2015

Stop Hiding from God

“Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” Genesis 3: 8

Oh, come on now, do you really think you can hide from the Lord God? Apparently, Adam and Eve thought they could. They disobeyed God by eating the fruit from the forbidden tree, then when he actually drew near to them and “walked in the garden,” they hid from Him. These two beings of light and life, thought they could look like a tree, and deceive the creator of everything. If your child hid in his/her room among their blocks, books, and toys, would you be able to recognize them, your own child, among the other things? Adam and Eve didn’t look like trees and they certainly didn’t have branches with delicious fruit. They deceived themselves into thinking they could go unseen in the garden that was no longer their shelter, their home. Listen again, they deceived themselves.

We do the same thing. We don’t follow God’s plan for us: we don’t eat healthy food; and we don’t make choices that serve Him and not ourselves. You fill in the blank with all the other things we don’t do. Then, we all do the same thing. We hide from the Lord God by cluttering our garden with excuses, among them, our belief that we know what God wants for us when we haven’t even first gone to Him in prayer. We deceive ourselves into believing that God will never find out if we admit our poor choices to Him. We also deceive ourselves into believing we still belong in the garden, the Kingdom, among believers when we no longer look like them. Only disobedient children cover their eyes with their fingers and believe they cannot be seen. Dear ones, we are the ones who can no longer see the Lord who walks in the garden in the cool of the day. God has not hidden from us. When we actually believe we can hide from Him, we have missed our blessing, walking with Him “in the cool of the day.” Let us pray:

“Father, LORD God, creator of the Garden and all who reside there in, I praise your Holy name and thank you for each of the blessings you have given me. You had always intended for me to walk with you in the garden and to dwell there in your safe keeping. Forgive me when I have believed that I know, better than you, what is best for me. May I spend this New Year in the garden with you. I know, the key to the garden gate is one simple word, ‘Yes,’ and yet I try to find the hard-way in. For 2015, LORD God, I say ‘Yes’ to you. Your son, my savior, Jesus, stands just beyond the garden gate, waiting for me to let him in, so that I may receive your blessing, of walking with you in the cool of the day. In his precious name I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at  http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/ - page 50-51 

No comments:

Post a Comment