Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Joy of Jesus Comes with Yoke-sharing

“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

This past weekend was indeed an enjoyable experience. I experienced Joy in the Journey, which was the theme of the Christian Women’s Retreat I attended. The speaker had written the word JOY many times on her flip-chart. I knew there was an acronym in the word, but what?

Then my new book, Length of Days – Beyond the Valley of the Keepers, which is available on Amazon later today, came to mind. Christy is trying to help an underling understand that all people are equal, but “equal” is not in the underling’s vocabulary. Finally, the mole, or underling, has a flash of insight.
“Oh ... yoke-sharers,” he said as his face spread into a grin. “I’ll carry the bucket on my shoulder if you’ll carry the other one on your shoulder.”
J.O.Y. = Jesus Our Yoke-sharer. He doesn’t have us skirt around the hard-stuff of life; he walks with us right through the mess, carrying our burden on his shoulders to lighten our load.  The trials of life make us stronger; they build our faith-muscles, as we learn to carry our burdens in-step with Jesus. Can you imagine how much harder it would be to be yoked with another and yet we try to control the pace, or try to walk ahead of Jesus, dragging him behind us, or ignoring him altogether which would force him on our shoulders along with the cargo we carry? Bring true joy and strength to your heart by sharing your pain with Jesus. Choose J.O.Y. each and every day. Let us pray:

“Father, God, you have created in me a strong and independent heart. Holy are you, Father and therefore unable to make mistakes. May your kingdom of joy come into my heart this day, in full measure, filled to the brim and running over to touch the lives of others. I give over my free-spirit to you dear Lord. I know, when I relinquish my need to hurry along the way of life, and let you lead, you will take me into glorious places of the heart I could never have access to on my own. You lead and I will walk beside you. Like a great dancer, the movement of your heart will direct me and allow me to lock-step with you. Forgive me when I try to run ahead of you. For each time I do, I choke myself on the yoke I have chosen. You are my partner in life, shouldering the burdens and sharing the joy. Today, I choose yoke-sharing. In the name of Jesus, the Christ, your son and my savior, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Books by Doris Gaines Rapp
Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/
Novels:
Length of Days – Beyond the Valley of the Keepers (February 2015)
News at Eleven – A Novel (April 2015)
Others in the side-bar

No comments:

Post a Comment