Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Day Week

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)

Do you know that kind of love? No? Then seek Jesus because he brought love to earth over two-thousand years ago.

Too many times, we measure the love of a spouse, family member or friend by this Bible passage. "They don’t love me because they did this or said that.” Divorce is too often the next step. With children, I hear, “Dr. Rapp, my husband says we should not talk to our son/daughter anymore. They failed our expectations.” I remind them that they will sever any opportunity to influence their child’s life again if they break off contact.

What we fail to realize, the description of love in 1 Corinthians is a blueprint for the love WE should show OTHERS. Then your spouse, children or friend will say, “I can always depend on their love.”

Valentine’s Day is not about a heart shaped candy box; snakes in Ireland; or how much someone loves us. Valentine’s Day is all about how much, and in what way, we love others. Read the Bible passage again. Can we use February 14, Valentine’s Day, as the day to change our own behavior and thinking? Strive to love in Christ’s way of loving, as you strive to live in the life-changing way Christ taught us to live. Let us pray:

“Holy Father, love divine, shine your light on this heart of mine. Mold me; make me into your loving agent, that I may change my little corner of your world. For this day, Father, fill me to overflowing with the love that Christ had. With that love he changed the whole world. Listen to my heart for the names of those near me who also need an in-flooding of your love. You created the entire world with the sound of Love, Father. I believe you can recreate my world, and the lives of those around me, with the Love that was born in Bethlehem so long ago.  Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Books by Doris Gaines Rapp
Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/

Post-to-Phone Messages
Prayer for Release of Anxiety

Among my Novels:
News at Eleven – A Novel (April 2015)
Length of Days – Beyond the Valley of the Keepers (February 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment