Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 9, 2009

. . . THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE

With Valentines Day next Saturday, our thoughts this week turn to love. Many of us think of Eros, or romantic love, desire, when the middle of February comes around. Dear ones, we cannot completely, wholly love another unless we have agape love, selfless love, the love God has for us. On this Valentines Day, seek out the Lover of your Soul, seek and you will find. Once God has filled your heart, it expands to include so many others. Believe the promises of Christ are for you. Believe that God’s love is . . . for you. Believe that you are His very own. You have to wait no more. You are already His! Let us pray:

“Dear loving Father, you are the one true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Heavenly Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus, the Christ. Breathlessly holy is your name. May your Holy Spirit of love come to live in my heart this very day, at this very time. I seek and accept your will for my life and the lives of those I love. This week, oh Father, I think of love. May love be the focus of my life each and every day, not just one. Fill me so full of your agape love that I spill over with kindness, generosity of spirit, and love onto everyone around me, like a fresh mountain stream in the springtime. Forgive me when I have withheld my love and the manifestation of your love as I have walked my daily walk with you. For, where I go, I take you with me. I either carry that love well or I carry it poorly. I claim Jesus’s promises of the indwelling Holy Spirit and invite Love into my heart this day, this week. For these blessings, this anointing, I pray that you receive all the glory. In the name of my savior and King, Jesus, I pray. Amen.”
Doris

Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment