Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 17, 2009

LET THE EDUCATION BEGIN!

In Huntington, school began last Thursday. Public and private schools, colleges and universities have all begun or will be starting again in a few days or weeks. What about the rest of us? If you want to be able to read well into old age, then . . . READ. If you want to be able to think logically, then exercise logic as you approach tasks. I know that many of us use our feelings to make decisions and that too is necessary in the process. But, we can develop our ability to use logic by implementing processes that use that skill, such as choosing wise counsel from others and plotting the consequences of possible decisions on paper. Doris’ Rule: Deliberately do what you do not naturally do.

More importantly than things of this world, is educating ourselves in things of God. Many Christians are Intuitive/Feeling types who know our Lord as we draw close to Him. But, we are also called to know God by educating ourselves about Him through daily reading His Word, studying His word through trusted Bible studies, and receiving the witness of others through reading inspirational nonfiction and uplifting fiction. With books-on-tape even the busiest person can receive soul food laid out by others for our consumption. Let the Lord speak to you every day of your life that you may grow in wisdom and not wilt into old age (a degeneration that seems to occur at earlier ages with each generation). Let us pray to hear God’s voice in many venues of our lives:

“Oh Loving Father, God of all, I lift up my hands in praise to you, for you are Holy. May I see a glimpse of your glory here in my present life, just as the angels enjoy your pure love and light in Heaven. Give me this day a heart for your Word, that it may be buried deeply in my soul that I may feast on it in times of trial and rest in it in times of rich joy. Take away my scattered nature and lazy streak that prevent me from learning more about you each day. Instill a hunger for knowledge of you that matches my amazing love for you. As I read your word and learn of you, I know my love for you will grow beyond the widest bounds of my imagination. To you I will give all glory and honor, praise and worship for only you deserve such adoration. In the name of Jesus Christ your son, my redeemer and savior I pray. Amen”
Doris
“Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment