Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 24, 2009

STRING OF BEADS

During the last month, I have enjoyed making some new necklaces and re-stringing some old, one tiny bead at a time. It occurred to me, that our lives with God are similar. Whether we are new Christians or have walked with God most of our lives, we are tethered to Him, one bead at a time. At the end is half of the toggle that links the string with the opposite end. Our faith is like that clasp, attaching our lives to God. Next comes the crimp that seals the string to the toggle. Our seal is God’s promise and Christ’s teaching that we are His children and therefore inheritors of all God has for His children. Then we string one tiny bead after the other. These small beads are like the events of each day that give us opportunity to trust in Him. At the other end is the crimp that hold us tightly to God. That last crimp that holds the string to the opposite toggle is like are daily prayers, our daily reading of His Word, our moment-to-moment fellowship with Him. The crimp is anchored to the other half of the toggle. That fastener brings our faith, our actions, our beliefs, and our acceptance of being linked to Him into a full circle where the world cannot break in. Every time you, or someone you know, wear a string of beads, let it be a witness to the united of all believers with the Father through the Son. Let us pray:

“Almighty God, author of the promise, the covenant, I bow before your holiness. May I experience your grace and presence as the angels do in Heaven. Today, let me see my life as a full circle, linked to you by each belief I hold, the fullness of my faith, each small thing I do that is in keeping with your will, my obedience to the rhythm of your world where prayer and study are part of a daily melody, and my testimony to you is worn for all to see like a string of beads. Forgive me when I have hidden the brightness of your blessings from others by not speaking out on your behalf and give me courage that I may always acknowledge you. To you, oh Father, I give all praise, glory and honor. In the name of your precious son, Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”

Doris
“Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment