Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 19, 2011

BELIEVE AND REMEMBER (Advent 23)

LUKE 1: 70 (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago), 71 salvation from our enemies
and from the hand of all who hate us—72 to show mercy to our ancestors and to remember his holy covenant, 73 the oath he swore to our father Abraham: 74 to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear 75 in holiness and righteousness before him all our days. (NIV)

Zechariah remembered. He remembered all the blessings and promises the Lord God had bestowed upon the Jewish people and those promises that were yet to come. He remembered. Yes, it was his “job” as a priest to rehearse and repeat the scriptures to the people. But, it seemed to be more than a job. There was reverence in his words and understanding and belief. Do you believe? Do you remember?

God had promised a messiah. He had promised salvation. Had he only promised it to those who lived thousands of years ago? What do you believe? What do you remember? The infant Jesus is not a myth. He is Life and Love that came to earth. He is the very Word of God made manifest. Do you believe? Do you remember? Christmas has nothing to do with presents, except those the Wise Men brought, and has everything to do with the songs the angels sang. Do those word ring in your heart as you go about your day? Do you believe? Do you remember?

For this season of Christmas joy, let us truly believe that God lives and that Jesus was that wee baby in Bethlehem just as the prophets foretold, and that salvation is really ours by the grace of God the Father. Do you believe? Do you remember? Let us pray:

“Holy Father, truth divine, dawn up this heart of mine. Fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I may learn of thee. I ask this day that I may remember all of your promises and that I believe them as a true believer in you and your son. Forgive me when I have forgotten any part of your truth. Let me remember to remember as I take your heart into a hurting and injured world. Holy Father, Love of mine, I choose to remember your promises. In the name of Jesus Christ, your holy son and our savior, I pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment