Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 30, 2012

LENGTH OF DAYS

How long do you plan to live? Of those years, how many of them will be lived and how many will be endured? God intends for each of our days to be full of praise, prayer, love of God and others, and service to Him.

Teenagers often say, "I’m bored." How is that possible? It certainly isn’t because they have nothing to do, with games, sports, studies, internet, cell-phone texting etc. all around them.

Teenagers have always had down times they haven’t learned to fill. Others, like my granddaughter Hannah, can entertain herself by investigating life in her own yard. Most, kids however, lack real-world contacts, friends, and interactions. They live their lives of isolation in cyberspace. Plus, sometimes they lack the more mature organizational skills and focus necessary to entertain themselves. I say "sometime" since teens grow in spirts and abilities.

What is our excuse? Let us make our allotment of days meaningful to ourselves and to all those around us. A child once said, "I hope you live all of your life."

When we live in the presence of God, we live fully, abundantly, grace-filled, miracle-laden and leave blessings wherever we go. Let us pray:

"Dear Lord and father of us all, I bow before your holy name and sing your praises for all you do in my life. May your kingdom come and fill all the spaces of my life that I may be a servant in your world of Light and Love. I ask that I may live as you intend, with days full of your presence so that I may bring your new life to all those around me. I know that I can be prickly sometimes and not a good representative of a life turned over to you. For this I am sorry and seek your forgiveness. I know that I am the only Christian someone knows and when I do not reflect your live, I damage your name and the name of your son Jesus Christ whom I follow. I pray that you will allow your own true love to shine through me to the fullest extent, so that I may not be seen, just you. In the name of Jesus, my redeemer, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Visit, www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment