Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, September 1, 2014

It is Not Autumn

Psalm 90:10 "The days of our lives are seventy years, if by reason of strength, they are eighty years . . . for our lives are soon cut off and WE FLY AWAY."

"Summer’s over." How many times have you heard that today? My friends, it is not. Autumn begins on September 22. We are rushing through three weeks of our lives - just throwing them away as if they mattered not when we dismiss September 1-21 from our thinking. Every second of our lives should be squeezed through the wringer to get all of the living out of them, every last drop. Life is for living - not for wishing - not for planning the "some-days" of our walk here on earth until we "fly away" home.

We were marvelously designed to be forward-thinking. We live today and plan for the future. But, when our planning becomes our living for today, we will never arrive at our destination, because our destination will simply become something to overlook as we plan for the next "some-day."

Let God plan our days. Let His future be our goal. Let each day be an exciting adventure of faith, living in His glorious kingdom, walking along His paths, each and every day, until we "fly away" to the source of our some-days. Let us pray:

"Holy Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the Abba of my life, I lift up my heart to you. You are Holy. Your name has the power to change and should never be used for anything but blessings and healing. May I be permitted to live in your kingdom here on earth by faithfully walking each moment of every day in the light of your love. Forgive me when I make plans for you to bless, rather than walking humbly along your way toward the goals and plans you have for me. Let me wake up to your presence in my life, that your heart beat may be the cadence for my foot steps along your path. When you are ready for me to come home, may my flight be directly to the foot of your throne. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

A huge thank you to all those I met at the 54th Tecumseh Lodge Pow Wow in Tipton over the weekend. Thank you so much for your interest in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment