Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, October 1, 2009

ONE SIZE FITS ALL

Isn’t it wonderful that our God is big enough for all of us? Some people believe they know all there is to be known about God and if someone disagrees with them, they believe the other person is therefore wrong. Some denominations are like that. Unless you do as they do, speak as they speak, believe exactly as they believe, you are doomed to wander the face of the earth, separated from our Father. How arrogant and dangerous! It is dangerous for their own soul to claim they have cornered the market on truth and are therefore equal to God. Thankfully, it’s the converse that is true. God is big enough to include all of us, regardless of our quirky, self-serving grandiosity that tricks us into believing that we are the important ones, that we alone know God and the will of God. Just think what the world would be like if we got out of the way and let the true God shine through, not our distorted fantasy of God. Our God is bigger and more wonderful than anything we can hope for or imagine. One true God does fit all. Let us pray:

“Oh loving God, father of our Lord Jesus, you are holy and magnificent, far greater than my mind can grasp. The angels in Heaven know your greatness but I only pretend to know all of you to make myself feel important. No matter how big my mind may try to make you, you are more glorious. You were here before the earth was formed and are outside of time and my ability to know you. You are not like me. You are other. You are . . . God! If I can let go of my need to be the important one, I may become a little like you. Use me, oh God, to be or say what someone needs to experience or hear today. Let me not know when or where, under what circumstances or with whom I am touching so that I may have no reason to boast. Thank you for being big enough to be God of all who seek you. Forgive me when I have kept you small and confined within my God-lives-here box I have kept you in. If I could, I would set you free. But, my self-centered mind cannot figure out how to unlock the box you have willingly lived in because of your love for me. I cannot open the box but I am willing to live in it with you. You are so big, the world inside that box is probably huge and wonderful too, because you are there. When you think I am ready, you will open the box and let me soar to the heavens with you, because you are God. Or, you will create a new Heaven for me inside the four boxy walls, for where you are, that is heaven. For all of who you are and all of who you are that I do not know, I thank you. In the name of your son, my Savior I pray. Amen”
Doris
“Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment