Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, October 19, 2009

WHERE THE WILD BIRDS FLY

Do you ever feel booked up, tied down, or ridden hard and put away wet? In a way that is a good thing, a blessing, especially if you’re busy with the Lord’s work. I can’t imagine an unchallenged life of boredom. But, I’ll have to admit, sometimes I wish I could be bored for about ten minutes. What I have forgotten, and perhaps your experience is similar, that I no longer know how to find God’s peace in the midst of life’s chaos. I don’t even have to search far for his gift. All I have to do is calm down and ask. If I believe God will give me peace, it will happen. Remember, God heals those who believe in him. We don’t have to be certain. Yesterday’s Sunday school lesson quoted writer Flannery O’Connor’s description of faith, “You arrive at enough certainty to be able to make your own way, but it is making it in darkness. Don’t expect faith to clear things up for you. It is trust, not certainty.” That is what I pray for myself and for you, enough faith to be able to find peace in the darkest night, or the most stressful day. Let us pray:

“Holy Father, lover of my soul, author of all truth that has been spoken or written, creator of all that has come into being, I praise your holy name. May I walk in your presence and your peace every day of my life, as do the angels in Heaven. I ask for your Holy peace and calm, even though the darkness remains all around me. I thank you and praise you for the night, the lack of clarity, the walks with eyes closed along pathways bathed in wonderful scents, filled with soft pedals to touch, and the amazing song of the wild birds that fly above my head like homing pigeons directing my way home, because then you, my holy God, are there to guide me. Forgive me when I have demanded clarity before faith, since a clear vision is on the other side of life. Then a strong faith never came because the darkness remained. I no longer want to seek certainty, just faith in you. I will try never to whine or grumble to you but will only lift up praises to you, for you do not live in the complaints of your children, but within the praises we sing. To you I will always give honor and glory and praise. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son, my Lord I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment