Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, February 19, 2012

COME SUNDAY MORNING

Come Sunday morning, where are you? Not your physical location, but where is your soul?

Horatio Spafford wrote the breathtaking words to, It is Will With My Soul,* in 1873 over the spot in the Atlantic that claimed his four daughters in a ship wreck. "Though sorrows like sea billows roll . . . it is well with my soul."

Would we be able to say the same? Do we have a Sunday morning soul every day? Or, like our best clothes, do we take it off and store it after services are over. Let us pray that, come Sunday morning, the Spirit will be buried so deeply within us that our soul will be well, no matter what happens. Let us pray:

"Father of the wind, the storm, and the sea we lift your name in adoration. May your kingdom open its doors and let me come in so that I may learn of you. I ask that you bury your heart within my own, so I may be a reflection of you. I want my soul to be well with you every day of my life. Forgive me when I drift into worldly thinking, for you are not there. Touch me so deeply that I will be recognized by you, no matter the day or the circumstances. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen."

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/
* In public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment