Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, February 11, 2012

FROZEN OR HOMEMADE?

"Aunt Maud’s pies from the freezer section of your grocery are as good as homemade." In today’s busy world, that is a successful advertising claim.

A woman I know was praised for the slacks and shirt she had made, with the observation. "They’re as good as store-bought."

My friend’s response was, "If they weren’t better than store-bought, I wouldn’t have made them."

It seems our basic values are under attack these days. The "best" preschool is valued more than parents and family rearing their own children. People of faith are to remain silent, for fear their words of love will offend someone. Working hard and earning your own advancements are ridiculed as selfish if you actually make a success of your career.

We are at a crossroads where we have to decide if we are still an independent, adventurous, self-assured people or have we grown lazy and need to be taken care of? The path we choose will influence the future. What legacy do we want to leave?

Get off the couch and participate in life again. Have fun baking bread and fill the house with its perfume. Don’t let others force you to hide your beliefs. Favor self-assurance and don’t wait to be taken care of by those in the main house. Gratefully receive help from family and friends when you need it and stand alone the rest of the time. Serve frozen when you’re in a hurry and save several days a week for family-prepared homemade. That is where the home and your life are created. Let us pray:

"Creator of families, of adventure and joy through work, I lift your name above all names. When I live in you, I find your glory and my home. From there, I seek your will. Give me eyes to see the beauty of being strong and self-reliant. When I follow you, I can lead others along the path that leads us all home. Let me lift up my brothers and sisters that they too might lead. For you await a full army of leader/followers. Strength and success are not bad things in your world, for our success glorifies you. Forgive me when I hold you back from working your miracle in me. I belong to you, willingly and gratefully. In the name of the great Shepherd, Jesus, your son who guides us, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment