Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 13, 2012

WHOLE GRAIN

Have you noticed how every cereal must be whole grain now? I don’t know anything about the nation’s grain supply, but whole does sound better than partial.

When I was a child, my father took my sister and me, our mother, and Momma’s parents for a ride in the country to see if the recent heavy rains had damaged any of the crops. Grandpa was the silent type so he enjoyed the ride by watching the fields and blue sky.

Grandma was blind in one eye so she sat in the back seat with Mom and Donna, with her "good" side to the window. As we would pass a field of newly wet and nearly drowned plants, Grandma would say, "Those beans look good." Or, "That corn field will have to be replanted"

It was a real mystery to me. How did Grandma know what was planted in the field by looking at the sprouting green plants? She knew, because they were farm people. They had no sons, so she had driven the tractor to till and cultivate while Grandpa did the heavy work. Nothing grew in those fields but whole grain.

Food producing companies spend money removing many nutrients from grain when they refine it into white flour. Then they fortify the flour with a few replacements that have minor benefits. What the farmers grow in their fields sometimes fails to make it to the table in a healthy form.

We do the same thing with the Bread of Life that God gives us in full measure. We shake it out, pull it apart, and then fortify it with our own interpretation of what God really meant to say. We are left with something of little real value and completely unsatisfying.

Think of God’s promises as whole grain. They contain the complete seed. That seed will bring us all the nutrition we need to live abundant lives. All we have to do is accept this bountiful harvest. Let us pray:

"Holy Father God, you are all I need. I pray that your banquet table will include a place for even me. Let me do your will from any position of the table at which you place me. May I accept your whole grain as nourishment for my soul, for your gifts are always complete. Forgive me when I take your promises and turn them into lies by inserting my words in place of yours. I really didn’t understand how precious and holy your bountiful grain of life truly is. May I see the seed and choose the complete life you offer. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/

No comments:

Post a Comment