Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, February 16, 2012

THURSDAY'S CHILD HAS FAR TO GO

Where is Thursday’s child going? How far do they have to go? How long will it take them? There are many questions for those of us who like to chart our own course.

The children’s poem, often called Monday’s Child, has an interesting line for Thursday. "Thursday’s child has far to go." The thought of having a long way ahead of us might make us weary. Or, we may be thrilled that we still have a long path before of us.

Some may interpret this as a put-down. "You sure need some improvement. You have a long way to go to make the grade."

Friends, we all have far to go because we will never "arrive." We will never arrive if we think we will attain perfection. Perfection is an attribute of Paradise. We have a long way to go to reach perfection because it is not of this world and we can’t get a visa to travel where it is. We all have a long way to go, but the trip is amazing! Let us pray:

"God of creation and beauty, your love is perfect. You shine above all and fill the world with your light. May I live within the glow of your presence. Today is Thursday and I am one of its children. May I gratefully accept that I have far to go because I will do your will along the way. Forgive me when I grumble about the tasks you give me. To have the privilege of doing your work is amazing beyond anything I can imagine. Let me serve you as a Thursday’s child, with more to do and a ways to go. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/   

If you no longer want to receive these prayers, just send an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment