Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, January 15, 2012

DO YOU FEAR SUCCESS?

“I thought you said it was a fear of failure.” I did. There is also a fear of success. Some people do nothing because they fear they will succeed. Why would anyone fear success?

Perhaps they’re afraid they may succeed, then the image they have of themselves as a loser would no longer fit them. They don’t know who the other “them” would be. Maybe, if they write that great American novel, they will be empty of all creativity and would never be able to write another book. They fear, if they succeed, people will expect a lot from them. They are afraid they won’t be able to deliver a second success. If they don’t try, they won’t disappoint anyone, including themselves.

Some people fear they will lose their friends if they succeed. A high tide floats all ships. If you develop an attitude of success, it may spread to your friends and family. If YOU change, become boastful, arrogant, and dismiss your friends, then you will have deserted them, not they you. Success does make you very busy. Make sure you put friends and family in your daily planner along with all your new responsibilities.

Do you fear success? God wants you to succeed. Is he wrong? I think of some of the great leaders we have had in Christendom and in our country. The truly successful ones are those who follow the Lord’s lead and not shrink from success. How will we encourage others on the walk with the Lord if we tell them, “Work hard but never succeed. No one likes a successful Christian.” Succeed with humility and poise, but don’t fear success. It’s God’s too. Let us pray:

Remember the prayer therapy process or refer back to previous posts: pray the prayer printed below 3X a day, wait for the Lord to fill you, and then know he heard you. Let us pray:

“Father God, Lord of my life, your name is precious to my heart. May your kingdom, the Kingdom of God, take residence in my life, that I may be in you and you in me. For this day, Dear Lord, I ask to be released from fear and from the chains that bind me. Forgive me when I have forgotten that you have the power to free me from the crippling emotion of fear. Let this be the day when I trust you again. For these things, I will give you all praise and glory. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ in whose name I pray. You alone have the power to set me free and for that blessing, I say Amen and Amen.”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

If you wish to follow in the eBook, Prayer Therapy Primer, Go2 www.bn.com. See new price.

Scroll down to read missed Devotions. P.T. instructions were given on 1/8 & 1/9/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment