Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 2, 2012

RESOLVE TO RENEW

Did you make a New Years resolution for 2012? Some people give up chocolate (Oh the agony of it!); some people sacrifice coffee (Please, no, the headache from it!); and others resolve to lose weight (Oh the challenge of it!). What I am proposing is a resolution of the heart.

What would life be like if you resolved to dwell on that which is noble, which is beautiful, positive, and loving for the year 2012? That is my New Years suggestion. One way to change your self-talk from negative to positive is by rehearsing the positive three times each day. Here are some suggestions:

“I will not be afraid to be more noble than before. I am not worthy, but Christ is.”
“I will not be angry anymore. Please rid my life of anger, Lord.”
“I give any jealousy to you God. Cast it out of my life.”
“I admit when I have not been loving, Father. Create a loving heart within me.”
“Sometimes I doubt and dwell on the negative side of life. Let me have a positive attitude to honor you, Father God.”

Practice these statements three times a day, just like taking a prescription from a physician, and see your life begin to change by the grace of the Great Physician. Let us pray:

“Physician of my Soul, I love you Lord. Your name is precious beyond anything material. Your name is sung in Heaven as I would ask it to be heard in my heart. May your will be done in my life, oh God. I ask that you will take my resolve for this year and press it to your heart, so I may be free from negative self-talk or doubt that may hide within me. You are pure and holy and loving and positive beyond anything I can possibly imagine. Let me live in you Father and you in me. In the name of, and by the power of, Jesus, your perfect son, I pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment