Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, March 25, 2012

ABSENT, NOT GONE

Yesterday I had to be out of town from early morning until late in the evening. I wasn’t able to spend prayer time with you. I was absent, not gone and I thought of you today. Some parents are in far off wars and they are absent too, but their love and presence in their families’ lives are not gone.

Our Heavenly Father is the same way. While He is never absent from us, we are sometimes absent from him. Still, He is always there. If we seek to live lives of peace, we must strive to not be "gone" from Him.

Today is the Sabbath. Were you with Him this morning, either in our church or in the meadow or in the quiet of your room? He was there, waiting for you. Let us pray:

"Father of Light, Life, and Love, holy is your name. I ask that you make your home within my heart, so that I may make my home in yours. Father, there are so many absences, some we have no control over and many that we do, if we will put our priorities in order. But you, Father God, are never absent, never gone. I ask you Father for steadfastness, that I may always be present in the lives of those you have given me to love, and that I may be present and focused in the work you have given me to do. I pray to be present in my own life, present in the lives of my family, and present in your heart. Forgive me when I drift away from you for you are the only real place there is. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Redeemer. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment