Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, March 29, 2012

STILL WE COME

Mark 1: 40-45
40 A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean."

41 Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" 42Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

43 Jesus sent him away at once with a strong warning: 44"See that you don’t tell this to anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."
45 Instead he went out and began to talk freely, spreading the news. As a result, Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from everywhere.

What if Jesus stood before you, touched your infirmity and healed you? Where you had been blind, the colors of Spring would burst forth and fill your senses with joy. Where you had been crippled, your feet would dance the dance of faith, two steps forward and one step back. Would you have been able to hold in your joy and tell no one? I don’t’ know that I could.

Because the man told everyone that he had been healed from leprosy, Jesus was swamped by other needy who also asked to be healed. The crowds became so large, Jesus had to maintain a low profile outside the city.

Also, the officials’ took greater notice of Jesus the more the stories of his healings became known. Whatever reason Jesus didn’t want attention drawn to himself, the people still came.

When the soul longs for fullness and the body grasps for health, for ourselves or for those we love, the presence of a healer would not be something or someone we could ignore. And, once the healing had happened, it would be nearly impossible to not let our joy be known.

Now, it is not Jesus who keeps us away. It is the world that no longer believes in the Great Physician. They would mock and scoff at us if we told them we had been healed by the Lord. We are told to stay away from this man, Jesus. But, still we come—because he is Jesus. Let us pray:

"Father of our Lord and healer, Jesus Christ, we worship you God. Your kingdom will come when you are ready. For this I praise your name. Your son, Jesus, said your kingdom is at hand. I ask this day to hold onto your hand so that my hand will be clasped within your kingdom. I come, as they have all come, seeking your healing, healing of mind, body, and soul. I know that you will make me whole, for the Word of God has said it is so. Forgive me when disbelieve creeps in. Give me the faith of the saints, that I may be wholly yours. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Visit, www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment