Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, March 10, 2012

PERSECUTED FOR THE SAKE OF GOD

"The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. Therefore the Jews started persecuting Jesus, because he was doing such things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, ‘My Father is still working, and I also am working.’ For this reason the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because he was not only breaking the Sabbath, but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God." (John 5:15-18)

I don’t have to tell you that we live in strange times. What had been believed by believers and tolerated by nonbelievers has now been cast into the valley of forgotten truths. My friends, don’t let it stay there.

I know, if you refer to God as your father, you too will be made fun of at a minimum and persecuted at the extreme. Just as Jesus was persecuted for his new beliefs and teachings about a relationship with God that was closer than anyone before that time could have ever imagined, so may we be persecuted if we say three words. Concerning the new relationship with God, made possible by Jesus, we can say, "It is true!" And three more words, "He is Abba (Father/Daddy)."

Would you risk persecution to follow the Christ to the Cross? The entire Middle East is willing to die for their belief in their understanding of God. Can we live with the kind of faith that could change the whole world? Let us pray:

"Abba, Daddy God, I wish to climb upon your lap while you sooth and comfort me. I know you have not called me to be a child, with no responsibilities. You have called me to take up my cross and follow your son, Jesus. Let me live within your kingdom, even as my feet walk the streets of Earth. Only there will truth be Truth, real and abundant. Forgive me when I have feared persecution. While I know it is possible, I know it is not from you and you will give me the strength to walk the foreign streets of my home. I want only to be yours, dear God. In the name of your son, my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.
Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com . Yesterday’s post may be uplifting to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment