Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, March 8, 2012

THE HIGH PRIEST OF HEAVEN

"Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:14-16)

The Lord God wants us to get up the nerve to approach Him. He wants us to draw near to Him, but we hold back. We believe we are weak and unworthy. Of course we are unworthy! Only Jesus was without sin.

Our unworthiness is just an excuse for lack of following. Perhaps we like the darkness too much. What if God decided to establish His kingdom right now? How inconvenient would that be?

We might even say, "Now hold on a minute, God, I have plans. I have things I want to do."

Would we be brave enough to ask God to postpone His plans. Then, claim to have no nerve to approach the throne of Grace and seek His will for our lives? Wow! We sure try to manipulate God, don’t we? The ironic thing is, we don’t think God knows of our conniving. How very foolish we are. All He wants is to be our God and that we be His people. It truly is that simple. Love wants to love us. Let us pray:

"God on the throne of Heaven, you are the one true God and the Lord of my life. You are more precious than anything I can imagine, for you are outside of my ability to describe. It is so amazing to think that I can approach your throne with boldness, knowing that you have invited me there. I ask for the courage and faith to finally respond to your invitation. Forgive me when I have said, "No, not now. I’m too busy, God." You are the giver of every opportunity. Give me the boldness to say, "Yes, Lord, use even me." In the name of Jesus, the one who blazed the trail that leads to You, I pray. Amen"

Doris
God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this blog to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment