Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THE DEW ON THE ROSES

"From the dew of heaven and the richness of the earth, may God always give you abundant harvests of grain and bountiful new wine." Genesis 27:28 (New Living Translation 2007)

Come to the garden of God while there is still dew on the flower petals. C. Austin Miles so beautifully expressed this idea in his hymn In the Garden. To view and listen, follow the link below.

Why should the dew be so important? Just think about the connections. The dew is on the ground and softness of the folded blossoms in the early morning. The flowers are asleep and wait the sun, just as we sleep in our faith and awaken at His call.

Come to the garden before the heat of the day burns off any desire to approach the Gardener. Dew glistens like sparkling jewels in the morning of the day. Come to the garden when you first open your eyes and fill your being with the sweetness and fragrance of the grass and the tenderness of the flowers. There, you will awaken to a new start, a new day, all fresh and sprinkled with dew. God will bless your day with an abundant harvest of love and the bountiful new wine that will quench every thirst. Let us pray:

"Keeper of the garden who sprays the mist of dew on each new day, I thank you that you are always there in the glow from the rising sun. Your freshness is like a new baptism and a new beginning. May I feel the warmth of your presence from the time of the dew to the end of my day. Holy are you, God, and more precious than anything I know on Earth. I ask that you meet me in your garden at the dawn of each new day and let me take your garden with me in my heart. Forgive me when I choose the dung heap over your tall and fragrant cedars and fresh babbling brook. From the restful peace of the garden, I will give you all the glory. In the name of your Son, my Savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

We have been visiting the garden every day for a few days. Enjoy the lyrics and pictures of Alan Jackson’s video of the wonderful hymn, In the Garden (1913), by C. Austin Miles. The link is here. Just skip the ad. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0WA8OSXZg

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com . Friday, March 9th’s post may be uplifting to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment