Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, March 18, 2012

WE SHARE IN HIS JOY

"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and trustworthy servant! Since you have been trustworthy with a small amount, I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and share your master's joy!'" Matthew 25:21 (International Standard Version © 2008)

Come to the garden and share in the joy of the Lord, an experience shared only by those who love the Lord. We have visited the garden, as described to us in C. Austin Miles’ hymn In the Garden, for several days. The link is below. The garden is there with the gate open wide, waiting for us.

Matthew 25 does not say that God shares in our joy, although I’m sure He has joy for all of us when we do His will. Verse 21 says, when we are obedient, do His will and are trustworthy servants of His, we share in HIS JOY! All the joys of Life, from the beginning, are God’s, and we share them with Him! That seems like more joy than any of us could ever dream!

Don’t stand far off and see the happiness of those who are willing to call on His name. Come to the Garden of God and share in His Joy! Let us pray:

"God of Life and Joy, I thank you for creating a garden of beauty and peace where we can spend time together. While the garden is an image to help me see the possibility of your tranquil presence, your Word has told me you will share your joy with me when I follow Jesus Christ into your light, your joy. Your Holy Word does not say that I must wait until I reach paradise to find your great delight. It says, if we are trustworthy in the small tasks he gives us, he will give us even larger jobs to do on his behalf. With each successive, larger responsibility, comes greater joy in the doing. Holy Father, I thank you. I also ask for your forgiveness when I have falsely believed that the small tasks have no value, so I don’t do them, or I don’t do them well. Any job that you give me to do in your name, is precious beyond words. For each glorious responsibility you give me, I thank you, and pray in the of Jesus, your son, that I see the ‘God-Job’ stamped on every work order. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen."

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

We have been visiting the wonderful hymn, In the Garden, by C. Austin Miles (1913). The link is to the hymn sung by Alan Jackson. The pictures are priceless. Skip the advertisement before the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0WA8OSXZg

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com. The March 9th post may be uplifting to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment