Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

COME TO THE GARDEN - ALONE

"Come near to God and he will come near to you." James 4:8 (NIV 1984)

"I’m lonely." Have you ever had those thoughts or used those words? We come to the garden alone, but, being alone is not the same as being lonely.

Alone does mean being isolated or by oneself, you’re right. But, it also means "unique; unequaled." You alone can crack the safe and let the bank president out. That’s "alone."

We stand in the presence of God alone, without mother, father, spouse or friend. There is not an earthly person with us. But, we have someone far more able to stand with us than those we love on earth, Jesus Christ. But, we do not have to wait until Heaven to spend time with the Son of God. We have the garden.

We are visiting the garden every day for a few days. Enjoy the lyrics and pictures of Alan Jackson’s video of the wonderful hymn, In the Garden (1913), by C. Austin Miles. The link is here. Just skip the ad. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0WA8OSXZg

Do not be afraid to come to the garden alone. Once there, you will never be isolated again. And, the beautiful truth about the garden is, it finally becomes part of you. You take it with you. It’s like a beautiful day spent with a loved one. When you’re tired and need rest, you can close your eyes and visit the day again and again..

Come to the garden every day until the garden lives within you. Let the garden into your heart and it will become part of your memory. Let us pray:

"Creator of all there is, from the mighty storm to the fragile butterfly, I lift up your name as Holy, Holy. May your garden always be here, that I may walk its paths and enjoy your presence. I ask to smell the sweetness of your presence as I draw near. James 4 promised that if I come near to you, you will come near to me. I claim that truth and thank you for it, even before I hear your voice. Forgive me when I have not believed that you will come near even me. I will tell others of your nearness and give you all the glory. In the name of Jesus, your Son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com . Friday’s post may be uplifting to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment