Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, March 3, 2012

DO YOU ALSO BELIEVE?

Then he came again to Cana in Galilee where he had changed the water into wine. Now there was a royal official whose son lay ill in Capernaum. When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea to Galilee, he went and begged him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death. Then Jesus said to him, ‘Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe.’ The official said to him, ‘Sir, come down before my little boy dies.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your son will live.’ The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started on his way. (John 4:46- 50)

"The man believed" are the words that are being lifted up today. We often go to God in prayer and then reserve our belief on the positive results. "If you will do this, God, then I will believe." The John four passage tells us that we must believe as we ask and then our belief in God encourages the outcome.

I could ask, "What do you believe?" But the better question is, "When do you believe?" In Prayer Therapy, belief begins when the prayer is offered, not when God proves Himself worthy. If we have faith only after we get what we want, then the belief is in the power of our praying, not in the power of prayer. Let us pray:

"God of us all, your name is above all names. I beg your forgiveness if and when I use it with disrespect. Your kingdom is at hand, for Christ has told us so. Thank you, God, for the promise of your dwelling. I ask you Father for the belief of the saints because my own is weak. I choose to believe that you will increase my faith from this moment on and I will live this day knowing that you have heard my prayer. Forgive me when I doubt you for you are the only truth there is. Lead me in paths of your glory. In the name of Jesus, my Redeemer, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment