Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 27, 2012

COME TO THE LIGHT

"And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil. For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. But those who do what is true come to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that their deeds have been done in God." (John 3:19-21)

"I already cheated. I gave up snaffelhoovers for Lent but just had to have one yesterday." So how is that going for you? Have you given up some-thing you love and failed to reach out to Jesus Christ? Perhaps your focus on visible sacrifice would be better served with true internal change that can be seen in the light. It is all about the heart, not the image.

Darkness is all around us, as well as within. John does not write that we are to control the darkness. He tells us to take action, do what is true and come to the light. When we dwell in the light, the darkness is not part of our experience. We do not have to understand the darkness and we do not have to control the light. We just choose truth and we will find our rest there in the sunshine of your love. Let us pray:

"Dear Lord and Father of us all, how Holy and lovely you are. May your kingdom come in my life so that your will is done within me. I ask you to shine your light so brightly I cannot help but see the beam. I choose to walk in truth so that I may come to the light of your pure love. Forgive me when I have chosen the darkness where my actions and thoughts cannot be seen, just as I forgive others for their lies against me. May your light shine from me that others may be drawn out of the darkness. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/

No comments:

Post a Comment