Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Friday, February 10, 2012

CROCUSES IN THE SNOW

"I saw a crocus this morning," I heard a lady say last Tuesday as she shook fine snow from her coat.

Explanation? It’s Indiana weather. For those of you on the other side of the world, Indiana weather is more than unpredictable. It’s predictably unpredictable. I think that makes it predicable. Snow in February isn’t surprising but crocuses are.

When we are surprised by God’s miracles, we take him for granted. Oh, I get it. The only real miracles are the giant ones that we receive personally. If we get a small raise, that isn’t a blessing. A blessing, or miracle, would only count if we won a few thousand on a scratch off card through the lottery. For some of us, it would take winning millions to feel blessed. For a few, we’d have to win the largest jackpot ever offered. Then, when we start to spend it, even that wouldn’t be enough for what our imaginations can invent.

God’s blessings are all equal. His miracles are as miraculous as the last, and his children receive his boundless love in the same full measure. Do you see a crocus in the snow and say, "Wow, is Mother Nature all mixed up?" Or do you say, "Thank you Lord. I needed that blessing today." Let us pray:

"Father of the crocus and the snow, holy is your name and great are your blessings. Come, Father, let me live in you and your word live in me, that your will may be done in my life. Let me recognize all of your blessings. Fill my heart so full of your love that a glorious appreciation of life floods my being and shines from my soul. Forgive me when I have rejected a miracle from you because it wasn’t grand enough or it didn’t live up to my own specifications. Any touch of your hand is a miraculous blessing. For all these things and for your largest miracle, your son Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment