Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 20, 2012

A FULL CUP OF COFFEE

"If I wanted a half cup of coffee, I would have asked for a half cup of coffee." That’s what Daddy would tease if you didn’t fill his coffee cup to the top.

He wasn’t saying I deliberately shorted his cup. He was saying, there is so much more and I’d like to partake of all I can (in his own unique way).

We do the same thing. We don’t even ask for the fullness of His blessings. We don’t expect much from God so we ask Him for a half cup of coffee, not a full one.

Prayer Therapy teaches us to ask specifically, so God can answer specifically. These are the prayers I use in our daily Devotional and Prayer time at www.prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com. God wants to give us all He has planned for our lives.

Yet, we say, "God couldn’t possible want to bless my day, my work, my family, my life. He knows me too well."

So, we don’t even ask because we know better than God! We need to pray for a full cup if we want to receive a full cup. More beautiful yet, we need to pray for a full cup because he wants to give us abundantly, fully.

If you want to learn the process, you can download Prayer Therapy Primer to your computer or eReader at www.bn.com for only $.99. There are two free worksheets on my website at www.dorisgainesrapp.com. Click on worksheets at the top and print them off.

God wants our cup to overflow with His love. "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." Psalms 23:5 (KJV) God is talking about abundant blessings, extravagant generosity, not teaspoons full.

We are to pray specifically for a full cup, even if we don’t think we deserve abundance. Why? If God prepares a table, overflowing with bounty, even in the presence of your enemies, don’t you think he wants us to receive it? He already knows us and knows our need and has prepared a rich blessing. We have to ask for it. Sometimes, when we need healing in body, we actually ask God to bless our shoes and socks. Pray specifically, so God can answer specifically. Let us pray:

"Father God, holy is your name. You are amazing beyond anything I can possibly imagine, for you have loved me before I knew you. Abundant are your blessings and your bountiful table. Teach me to pray as Jesus taught his disciples, that I may ask for what you know I need. Forgive me when I trivialize prayer and spout out a short cliche of meaningless pleading. Accept my prayers as from my heart, that you may heal my heart and soul and make me fit to serve you. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son and my redeemer, I pray. Amen."

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com
http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/

No comments:

Post a Comment