Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

THOSE WHO WAIT UPON THE LORD

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." King James

I’ve been a little busy: writing, Facebooking, blogging, websiteing, and tweeting. Please forgive a very personal blog post today but one of the few places I’ve been recently is in my La-Z-Boy with my laptop in front of me. Yes, it takes all of that to promote a book. Some of you received my FB post, blog and tweet on Saturday and Sunday: "Not into football? Rather than a Super Bowl Sunday, have a Super BOOK Sunday. Then I recommended purchase of my eBook. Some did!

Sales aren’t the issue here. Waiting upon the Lord is! I am following a recommend plan for marketing my novel in today’s strange, belt-too-tight book world. During my prayers, the Lord reminds me to just follow, to wait and obey.

I don’t know much about computers. I know even less about Twitter and tweets and Follow and Following, and FB friends and—you get the idea. But, my heart tells me, since I don’t know, the Lord will place others along my path who do.

Sometimes I have thought that "wait upon the Lord" means to serve Him, like a waiter. But, "wait upon the Lord" simply means that—wait. When we don’t know why, or how, we obey the voice that calls in the night, "Come follow me." From that position at the rear, we don’ know why, or how, we just know, "do." My novel may not circulate in my lifetime. That has nothing to do with obedience. I’m on page 49 of writing the second book in the Length of Days series. Why? I only know He has given me a story to tell and I give it to you. It isn’t about me. It’s all about being obedient to Him. Let us pray:

"Father God, you are the author of my life. You are my leader and I wait on my direction from you. I thank you, that you have made waiting and blessed as going, for in both cases we serve you. Hover over my life and fill me with your will, oh God, that your kingdom may come within and around me. Father, I ask that you receive my gift of waiting so that you may be glorified. Let me not grow weary of waiting, for your word has said I will nether grow weary nor will I grow faint. Hallelujah and praise your glorious name. In the power of your son, Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment